Monday, August 25, 2008

Denver Airport

When I got off the plane, I was expecting a carnival atmosphere. The plane ride from one city had been full of DNCers. I knew my friend Scott was coming from Atlanta and figure it would be more of the same. Aggregate that times however many flights to Denver.

But the terminal was actually pretty sleepy. Not a ton of people. No big festivities. I went to Scott's gate to wait for him to disembark. We then both walked toward baggage claim when he told me that he was going to be interviewed by the Atlanta ABC affiliate. (See Scott's post for more). One we walked out of the actual terminal into the baggage claim area, we definitely saw many more signs of the DNC. 20 host type people holding up Obama signs with someone's name written on them. Airport employees dressed in Cowboy hats directing people to rental cars, shuttle buses, and luggage. Big signs welcoming us to Denver.

No comments: